Tracey Porst will be discussing her process for designing, writing, producing and delivering interesting and engaging content for clients and target audiences, regardless of industry or development platform.
Good content strategy focuses on planning, designing, producing, delivery, and organisation of content that is of interest to the target audience and creates a positive experience of the brand. Good content doesn’t just include the right words and images on a website, but also the interactive elements used. Ensuring your sites have useful and usable content, that’s well structured and is easily found is vital to improving the user experience of a website.
Tracey will address sourcing and curating good content for not just websites, but also other digital marketing activities such as email newsletters, blogs and social media.
She’ll discuss how writing well for the web is more important than ever and words and well-chosen images contribute to the overall perception of a business. How choosing the right image does speak a thousand words, as does typography, colour palettes and how the user interface supports the presentation and delivery of the message.
Tracey’s professional background is in digital media design and production.This includes many years designing and developing online and digital media, including using content management systems and other cross platform interactive experiences. Today, this includes content and digital media strategy development and user-centered design for engagement.
The healthcare technology space is of particular interest to Tracey and she is very active in this community in Brisbane, especially as a co-organiser of a successful and rapidly expanding meet up group called Healthtech Innovation QLD (http://www.meetup.com/Healthtech-Queensland-Meetup/events/220964056/) which has grown exponentially since it began in October last year.
Tracey has managed and delivered content for international brands as well as small, local clients and her talk will cover some case studies in:
- Corporate communications – online, brand establishment and management, copywriting, visual communications.
- Instructional videos – motion graphics, combined with voice-over and video content.
- Information graphics – visual communication of complex data and concepts.
- Website advancement – design, build, content strategies and maintenance.
- User experience design – engagement, task focused outcomes, GUI design.
- Creative direction and brand management – guidance on target audience perception, branding guidance, social media etc.
You can follow Tracey on Twitter.