Are you a freelancer who is at capacity with clients but aren’t earning the income you would like to be? Are you a freelancer looking to expand your reach beyond the one on one client work? If you answered ‘Yes’ to either or both of those questions then this is a must see talk for you!
Helena will help you plan your first online course by helping you with following tasks:
- Do you have a list? If not start building one now so you can survey your list to find out what they may want.
- Can your current skills, the ones you use in your freelance business with one-on-one clients, translate into an online course?
- Skills assessment.
- Target market – who are you be able to teach your skills to?
- Creating your course – delivered live or pre-recorded?
- Minimum viable product and iterate as you go or at each release.
- Fitting course creation amongst current work.
- Cut back on one-on-one work to make time to deliver the course.
- Specific launches or Evergreen course.
Helena’s presentation will leave you with the following key takeaways:
- Do you have skills that would convert well into an online course?
- There is never a good time to take a break from client work to create a course. Make a plan, set a date, make it happen!
- Options for creating course content.
In between un-schooling her 6 year old son, Helena is the co-owner of http://www.diywebsitecoach.com & http://thenewsolopreneur.com (with her husband Warren). They help new solo business owners get started with their first website and learn how to manage the daily tasks involved with running a business online and being a solo entrepreneur.
You can follow Helena on Twitter.